Sunday, December 25, 2011

Surprise!

Hello class!

I know you don't know me very well, a problem that will soon be fixed, but I happen to lead this really interesting, and very crazy, life.  So, as it happens, I got lucky and got free tickets to go to Norway, way up north inside the polar circle, for New Years!  How exciting is that!!  :)  I can't wait to go, and while I am there I will certainly write about my adventures.  The more crazy the adventure, the better.

Also, to clarify on things we must do for class.

All of you must read the Grapes of Wrath before we return.  In another post, I will provide information to help you to better understand the book and its context.

You must also do the B2 exam.  I know I told all of you we would do the exam in February, but, to be honest, I am discovering that the class isn't really all on the same page.  It's really important that we unite to pass this exam together.  So, I need to know where all of you stand so I can make the best class plan.  :)

Also, any of you who are interested in watching a TV show that I watch with my other class, and who want to talk about it, you're more than welcome.  The show is called Drop Dead Diva.  Some of you won't have time, but those who do, the English is very clear and very good for practice.  Again, I cannot stress enough, the more English the better!

And, for lovely Rosa who I missed all last week!  Below I will post some grammar exercises for negative question endings.  See? I didn't forget, did I.


(You must click down at the bottom, Descarga más lenta (it's a green button). Then, you will wait I think 60 seconds. It will have, at the top, a button to download a program called Megacloud or something similar, and above it will say 'espere ___ segundos'. When it finishes with the seconds, a button will appear that says 'descarga más lenta'. This way you can download it.)

Also, I am including this article about the attacks on Norway, as it's very relevant to my trip there.  I remember when these attacks happened, in Oslo, because I have so many friends there that I was calling them to see if they were OK.  I am glad to be going back, because it's such a lovely country with such lovely people, and they've really united after such a tragedy.  Here is the article.

I hope you all have a lovely holiday.  Keep in mind, that if any of you have any questions on the reading, on what I expect of you, do NOT hesitate to send me an email, or write on the blog.  I will be happy to answer any and all of your questions.

Have a lovely holiday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment